The Conveyor Equipment Manufacturers Association is proud to announce our first FALL ENGINEERING CONFERENCE this year! This will be a Virtual Event to follow-up on projects, standards development, etc. that will need some input prior to the upcoming Section/Committees at the March Annual Meeting.
This follow-up virtual meeting will help us bring all of our projects to completion and assist our engineers future projects. Scroll down to review the Summary of Meetings.
This is the first call for registrations for the 2021 CEMA Fall Engineering Conference which will be held November 8-9, 2021.
Please click on the following link to Register for the CEMA 2021 Fall Engineering Conference.
We look forward to seeing you all virtually in November!
Schedule at a glance
CEMA Summary Of Meetings
BULK BELT SYSTEMS & EMERGING TECHNOLOGIES COMMITTEE
Chair: Todd Hollingsworth, Raw Engineering Design, LLC; Vice-Chair: Andrew Jennings, Conveyor Dynamics, Inc.
– Purpose: Look at new or emerging technologies to keep CEMA ahead of the curve and to begin formulating plans on future editions of Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials.
– Value: Be involved in working on new or emerging technologies for the Belt Conveyor Industry and bring value to the Bulk Belt Systems Committee through engineering efforts.
BULK CONVEYOR ACCESSORIES COMMITTEE
Chair: Lee Williams, ASGCO ‘Complete Conveyor Solutions’; Vice-Chair: Geoff Stoll, Richwood
– Purpose: Provide the most current standards available for bulk handling manufacturers by standardizing and describing the operation and construction of the devices.
– Value: Be involved in working on industry standards and bringing value to the accessory industry through engineering efforts and knowledge.
BULK HANDLING SECTION
Chair: Brett DeVries, FLEXCO; Vice-Chair: Jeff Ellis, Precision Pulley & Idler (PPI)
– Purpose: For the committee chairs to provide a summary of the activities each Bulk Material Handling Committee is working on. ARPM presents their annual report to CEMA at this meeting.
– Value: For you to determine which Bulk Material Handling Meetings you want to attend.
CONVEYOR IDLER COMMITTEE
Chair: Paul Schmidgall, Superior Industries, Inc.; Vice-Chair: Dr. Andrew Hustrulid, Shaw Almex Industries, Ltd.
– Purpose: Develop, maintain, and provide safety information for CEMA Idlers and the development of the CEMA Idler Standards. Provide uniform industry standards for system design groups and the owners/operators of the belt conveyor systems.
– Value: Provide your company’s input through development and modification of Idler products to ensure unity within the industry.
CONVEYOR PULLEY COMMITTEE
Chair: Benjamin Brewer, Douglas Manufacturing Co. Inc.; Vice-Chair: Jeff Ellis, Precision Pulley & Idler (PPI)
– Purpose: Review, revise, update, establish standards, and product safety that assist member companies and/or users to accurately select/evaluate pulleys for their application.
– Value: Enable the user to establish accurate criteria for selection and application of the product.
CONVEYOR SAFETY COMMITTEE
Chair: Dan Modzeleski, Dematic; Vice-Chair Bulk: Todd Swinderman, RTodds Engineering LLC; Vice-Chair Unit: Troy Uahinui, Honeywell Intelligrated
– Purpose: Provide an open forum to discuss safety topics posed by members and work towards consensus solutions to those issues.
– Value: Develop CEMA best practices, safety guidelines, and warning programs for the material handling industry.
JT. SCREW CONVEYOR/BUCKET ELEVATOR COMMITTEE
Screw Conveyor, Chair: Steve Boudreau, Screw Conveyor Corporation; Vice-Chair, Jacob Rider, KWS Manufacturing Company, Ltd.,
Bucket Elevator: Chair, Trevin Berger, Martin Sprocket & Gear, Inc.; Vice-Chair, Bucket Elevator: Hani Almoghrabi, NORD Drivesystems
– Purpose: Provide the most current up to date information for the industry through their standards, technical reports, best practices, and address any current industry needs.
– Value: Actively working on industry standards (i.e. 300, 350, etc.), technical reports, best practices, and bringing value to the screw conveyor industry through their engineering efforts.
UNIT HANDLING SECTION
Chair: Rodney Mishmash, Interroll; Vice-Chair: Vacant
– Purpose: Provide the most current discussions on the CEMA Safety Video and the new Unit Handling 2nd ed. book, along with additional industry related topics for this portion of the industry.
– Value: The development of standards, technical reports, addressing topics that are affecting this portion of the industry.