Welcome to CEMA’s Unit Handling Conveying Section! This meeting will start promptly at 9:30 am to 10:30 am. The purpose of this committee is to provide the most current discussion on the ‘Business and Labor Trends’, and additional industry related topics for this portion of the industry.
AGENDA (PDF Download)
- Call to Order
- Attendance and Introductions
- Approval of Minutes of March 15, 2021 (attached)
- Current Business Conditions, Labor Situation and Outlook – Updates
- Committee/Sections Report: Conveyor Chain and Sprocket Section
- Unit Handling Book & Safety Video – Status, invenotry, and sales.
- Section Membership
- Old Business
a) ANSI/CEMA Standard No. 102 revision – Updates
b) Extendible Conveyors – Updates
Subcommittee: Mike Hake, Transnorm System Inc. (chair); Dan Modzeleski, Dematic; Bart Natoli, Habasit America; and Patrick Cucco, Ashland Conveyor Products.
c) MDR Safety Review – Updates Subcommittee: ,Dan Modzeleski, Dematic; Boyce Bonham, Hytrol Conveyor Co., Inc.
d) Unit Pulley Standard to better support Unit Pulley requirements – Updates
e) Best Practices for Critical Installation Parameters of Conveyors and Components – Updates
Subcommittee: Boyce Bonham, Hytrol Conveyor Co., Inc. (chair); Tim Wolf, PPI; Adam Soder, Sumitomo Machinery Corporation of America; Jim Alt, NORD Drivesystems; Bart Natoli, Habasit America.
- New Business
- Next Meeting – March 21, 2022, at Rancho Bernardo Inn, San Diego, CA